Asset Diversification with Gold IRAs and Other Precious Metals
Financial advisors and successful investors agree that asset diversification is the key to a lucrative investment portfolio. Precious metals are among some of the more popular assets held within a Self-Directed IRA.
With a gold IRA from American IRA, you can invest in many different types of precious metals including:
Tax Benefits of Gold IRAs
If you are among the many people that have been investing your personal funds in precious metals, you will be glad to know that you can capitalize on this opportunity to generate retirement wealth tax-deferred or tax-free. Use your gold IRA to drive your own level of success by controlling your own investments.
Freedom of Choice
As with all Self-Directed IRAs, the choices are up to you. You have the freedom to decide which precious metals dealer you use, the type of product you want to hold in your IRA, and which precious metals depository you would like to use from our approved list of depositories.
Types of Products Permitted in a Gold IRA
- Gold bars hallmarked by a NYMEX- or COMEX-approved refiner/assayer with a purity of 24 karat (0.995+ fineness) and be hallmarked by a NYMEX- or COMEX-approved refiner/assayer.
- Gold coins: with a purity of 24 karat (0.9999 fineness). The only exception is the 22 karat U.S. Gold Eagle.
- Silver coins & bars: They must have a 0.999+ fineness, like the 1 oz. U.S. Silver Eagle.
- Platinum/palladium bars & coins hallmarked by a NYMEX- or COMEX-approved refiner/assayer: They must have a 0.9995+ fineness.
Precious metals are some of the less complicated assets to hold in your Self-Directed IRA. You simply need:
- A broker dealer to assist you with the purchase and sale of your precious metals.
- An insured storage facility/depository that charges you an annual fee to store your precious metals for you.
5 Notes to Consider
- Annual valuations are based on the dollar value of the metals held in your IRA as of December 31st of the reporting year.
- You may not hold the precious metals personally but rather you must store those precious metals in an insured approved depository.
- The depository you select will charge you an annual fee to store your precious metals.
- American IRA does not refer nor endorse any brokers or dealers and, as such, we are not responsible for their performance.
- Pricing of the precious metals you choose must be done by the broker or dealer you select. American IRA does not determine the value nor the pricing of your metals.
Contact our office today to open your Gold IRA. Our team will guide you through the EZ application process and get you on your way to earning tax-deferred and/or tax-free income within your retirement account. Contact us at 1-866-7500-IRA(472) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are an American IRA Client and you have questions regarding the investment process, please contact our office at 1-866-7500-IRA(472) or email@example.com.