Self directed IRA investors insist on maximum flexibility and diversification within their accounts. You may be surprised to find out that traditional stocks are among the investments they want in their self directed IRA. So, can you have traditional stocks in your self directed IRA? Yes you can!
Benefits of Opening a Brokerage Account
- Pay Less Fees
- You can move funds within your brokerage account without incurring wire and check fees.
- Maximum Diversification
- When you open a brokerage account, you can hold non-traditional assets and traditional stocks in the same self directed IRA account.
- Funds Move More Quickly
- A custodian to custodian transfer of funds can take up to 14 days. Upon written direction from you, American IRA can get funds from your brokerage account in just 2 days! This allows you to be in the position to move quickly on a good deal…so you won’t lose that fabulous deal you have been waiting for.
- Since Charles Schwab has locations nationwide, you can work with your local office at your convenience.
Important Things to Keep in Mind
At American IRA, we set up a fiduciary Charles Schwab account per your direction. You then have full control over trading within the Charles Schwab account. The only difference is that you cannot withdraw funds nor add funds to the Charles Schwab account because your IRA owns it. Upon written direction from you, the American IRA team can withdraw or add funds on behalf of your IRA account.
Important Guidelines You Should be Aware of
- It takes approximately 5 to 10 business days to open a brokerage account.
- Your account cannot be at risk of going below a $0 balance.
- In-kind transfers are not allowed. If you wish to transfer or convert your account, you will need to liquidate your assets first.
- You IRA is prohibited from making purchases using margin
- Your IRA is a separate entity from you.
- You cannot move funds between your personal account and your IRA’s brokerage account.
- You can move funds from your IRA to/from your brokerage account as often as you like.
- You cannot open a brokerage account yourself on behalf of your self directed IRA as this can cause a taxable event and can be construed as a prohibited transaction by the IRS.
Contact our office today to open a Brokerage Account IRA. Our team will guide you through the EZ application process and get you on your way to earning tax-deferred and/or tax-free income within your retirement account. 1-866-7500-IRA(472) or email@example.com. If you are an American IRA Client and you have questions regarding the investment process, please contact our office 1-866-7500-IRA(472) or firstname.lastname@example.org.